DIY Personalized Calendar For 2019
Have you prepared for the upcoming year 2019? With all the bucket list, renewal plans, wishes to personalized your life for 2019; I’m sure you have figured it out or you are figuring it out right now. So, to help with all your plans, I made a diy personalized calendar for upcoming 2019.
A personalized calendar for you to use no only for the year of 2019, but you can use it for every year to come. I made it with rustic style, very simple look. Interesting? Well, let’s go through the materials I prepared for the diy calendar.
- Balsa wood (0.2 inch / 0.5 cm thick), 4 inches / 10 cm wide
- Ice cream sticks
- Kraft card
- Cotton rope
- Sewing pins
- Black paint
- White paint
It may takes a little more time to diy this personalized calendar, but the result is worth it! Besides, you can use it every year, not just for 2019.
- Because of my balsa wood has only 4 inches wide, so I have to cut 3 of them with the length of 10.25 inches / 26 cm and glue it together into 3 rows. I secured it by adding kraft card at the back. Let it dry.
- Make a hole each to both sides on top of the plank.
- Insert cotton rope and secure it with a tie on each side.
- Paint 2 areas on top with black paint, each for writing a year and a month.
- Paint some ice cream sticks in white and use it to write days of a week. Glue it on the calendar.
- Bent 35 sewing pins and use it as a hanger. I used red for Sundays, yellow for Saturdays and white for the rest of the days. Insert it all to the calendar and cut the rest of the pin on the back. Secure it with glue.
- Cut the kraft card into 31 pieces with the size of 1 inch x 1.5 inches (2.5 cm x 3.5 cm). Punch a hole to each card on the middle top.
- Paint the 31 cards with white paint and then write number 1 to 31.
- Hang all the 31 cards on the calendar pin hanger according to the days of January 2019.
- Write 2019 and January with chalk on the black area.
- Finished! Got myself a diy personalized calendar for next year 2019!
It is not a difficult diy, just takes a little more time to make. I hope my diy personalized calendar can help you make plans for 2019 and of course can be used as a home decoration, not just another calendar, but a personalized calendar. Happy New Year everybody!
New Year of creativity!
I entered challenges :
- My Time To Craft – Something New
- Altered Eclectics – Anything Goes
- Mix It Up Challenge – Anything Goes
- Love To Craft – December Anything Goes