Finally I’ve painted a red Christmas truck that I have been wanting to paint for so long. I just love to see old vintage red truck. I drew a VW red truck by using color pencils before but this time I did not choose a particular brand of car. I just painted a red truck carrying a Christmas tree on a piece of white plank to serve as a Christmas sign.
I painted this Christmas truck with pine tree on a piece of pvc plank that I have in my storage. It’s white so it’s a great blank canvas to start with anything. I added a word JOY to give more Christmas spirit to my Christmas Truck Sign. I like the traditional Red and Green colors of Christmas that pop on this Christmas sign. It’s actually a very simple painting of a red truck followed by pine tree. Let me show you my short steps of painting this red truck sign.
Things To Prepare
Not much things to prepare as it is a painting project, the colors are also a few. I did not use too many colors as I only want a red and green colors to be dominant on this Christmas truck hand painting sign. Anyway, here are the list of things that I prepared for the Red Truck Painting:
- A white plank ( I used PVC plank, you can use white painted wooden plank, it’s up to you)
- Red acrylic paint
- Black Acrylic paint
- White acrylic paint
- Green acrylic paint
- Black marker
How To Make
It took me about 15 minutes to pain this red truck with the Christmas tree. Most of the time spent was to wait for the paint to dry. But it’s acrylic, so it’s quicker to dry. But if you need more time to dry, you can mix acrylic with watercolor a bit. Now. let me explain step by step, my easy process of painting this Christmas truck:
1. Make sure the surface of the media that you want to paint on is clean.
2. I started with the body of the truck and I use red acrylic paint. Let it dry
3. Then I continue with painting a pine tree on the truck bed. I use green color paint and I mixit with a dash of white to get a lighter green to give some gradation. I paint the pine tree with lighter green, then give some darker shades and white shades to give some depth to the tree. Wait until it’s dry.
4. Okay, now it’s time to give some shades to the truck to have the feeling of three dimensional. And of course the two wheels. I used black and white. And I also paint a little dash of light green mixed with more white on the truck windows.
5. While waiting for the truck painting to dry. You can write the word JOY by using a black marker next to the Christmas truck. Finished!
Not that difficult isn’t it? Once you try it, it’s not as complicated as it looks. Just do it slowly and pay attention to the details. It doesn’t have to a fine painting. It’s just a rough quick painting of red truck with Christmas tree that I made for this Christmas sign. Well, good look with your painting and have fun!
For more of my future Winter and Christmas posts, please follow me! And if you wanted to add my creations to your Pinterest boards, please follow me on Pinterest! Also find me on Instagram and Twitter!
For creative fellow bloggers, don’t forget to join “You’re The Star” Blog Hop and Happiness Is Homemade Link Party! Link your inspiring posts (anything, from recipes, home decor, DIYs, crafts, family, health to gardening) every Monday and Sunday. Get a change to be featured! I’m one of the co-host of You’re The Star blog hop for Creative Week and Happiness Is Homemade will choose the creative posts to be featured on Creative Features week and on Happiness Is Homemade. Please come and join the blog hop and I would love to see you there! Join and share the news!
Merry creative Christmas!
6 thoughts on “Easy Hand Painted Christmas Truck”
So cute, always like adding a red truck to Christmas. You did a great job.
Hi Mel! Just today I was looking at vintage cards with the red Christmas truck. Great job!!! Have a nice evening.
Beautiful painting! I love the vintage red truck transporting the Christmas tree, it a very on trend design this year – perfect 😁. Wishing you a happy Friday and weekend! Hugs, Jo x
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much Jo! Happy weekend to you too! xoxo
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m featuring your truck on the Little Cottage Link Party today. Merry Christmas!